Electrical Panel Upgrades

Is it time to upgrade your electric panels? Electric panels and sub-panels work the same way; however, they are two different panels. The sub-panel feeds off the main electric panel and is only used if the main electric panel doesn’t have enough space.

Electrical Panel and Sub Panel upgrades are common in certain situations but should be done by an experienced electrician. The major difference between upgrading an electric panel vs. upgrading your electric service is simply the removal of an existing electrical panel and replacing it with a new, higher amperage one.

Here are some common issues that one may have with their electrical panel that may suggest it is time to upgrade

  • A home addition or renovation project
  • Using 60 Amp or 100 amp electrical service
  • The panel box is making a crackling sound
  • Ground fault interrupter (GFI) outlets are needed
  • Need more outlets
  • Circuit breakers trip frequently
  • Using multiple extension cords
  • Unable to run appliances at full power
  • Flickering lights
  • Outlets are two prongs which means they are not-grounded (GFCI)
  • Need to add a sub-panel
  • Require a 240v circuit
  • Power surge arrestor needed
  • Homeowners insurance requires an upgrade


Always consult a licensed professional electrician to do any electrical work on your home or business. Electrical wiring projects are far too dangerous to be “do it yourself” projects because of the fire hazards they pose, and because of the risk of electrocution.

Ready to schedule a free consultation?

Call us or send us a message.  Someone will get right back to you to answer all your questions.